For a reconciliation to occur, three factors must align:
1. If there's a rebound relationship, it needs to conclude.
2. Your ex must reach the final stage of no contact.
3. You must reach the final stage of no contact.
The alignment of factors 2 and 3 ensures the restoration of the power balance between you two. Only when this equilibrium is achieved can attraction begin to flourish again.Here are some estimates for each of these elements:
- A rebound relationship usually concludes within 9-10 months at most.
- An ex generally progresses through all stages within 3-4 months.
- If there was a rebound, their progression happens faster: 2-3 months.
- If you're shifting your emotional focus away from the past relationship, you'll reach the final stage of no contact within 1-2 months at most.Based on these statistics, the entire recovery journey can be completed:
- Within 9-12 months for the most complex cases.
- Within 2-3 months for average cases.Now, if you find it challenging to maintain even a single day of no contact
, a month might seem like an eternity of torture. Trust me, you can avoid this if you start working towards shifting your focus. I have written a short article to help you get started
. However, without knowing all the details about your situation, I can only offer general advice (which will likely work, but will require significantly more effort than a precision strategy tailored to your unique circumstances and needs).Could the entire process occur more quickly?
Absolutely. Remember, these are general estimates. In my work with clients, we frequently identify specific moments in their narratives that allow us to create personalized action plans. These plans can expedite the no contact period and achieve results within a few months.
So, as you can see, fixing a broken relationship doesn't happen in a snap. There's a good reason for this: breakups don't just happen out of the blue. Your partner often braces for it, going through the breakup in their mind many times before they finally tell you about it. It takes time to change their thoughts. But here's the silver lining: no contact usually does the trick. For this exact reason, I've created the "No Contact - Quickstart Guide," exclusively for my website's inner circle, to ensure that your no contact period is as efficient and speedy as possible. To get your complimentary copy and gain instant access, simply enter your email below: